Some of you may have noticed a new feature show up in Weather Defender this week. We are now providing the Full Bulletin Text Summaries of Watches, Warnings, and Advisories right inside the Weather Defender interface.
click to enlarge
How it Works
Bulletin Text is accessible via a new icon that appears over top of Watches, Warnings, or Advisories layers, found in the Winter Weather map (or you can add them to any other map from the Layer Browser). The icon looks like this:
When you move your mouse over the icon, you will get a description of the active bulletin, along with valid start-end times:
Finally, clicking on the icon will bring up the full bulletin summary:
What's in a Bulletin?
Bulletin Summaries are written by NWS forecasters and contain a lot of useful information about the details of a particular watch/warning/advisory. They will tell you:
- The synoptic pattern (general weather situation) that is causing a particular hazard
- The exact times when weather will be most threatening
- Specific locations which are most threatened
- In some cases, like flooding or snow-related hazards, the amount of water or snowfall expected
Dec 7 thru Dec 15
It's Our Lowest Price Ever on an Annual Subscription!
Save HUGE in 2011! Sign up for a year-in-advance and receive almost 60% off the retail price. This is our lowest price ever on an annual subscription. Click below to reveal the sale price!
- Live Weather Radar
- Winter Storm Tracking
- Snow, Hail, Wind & Tornado Reports
- Instant Weather Alerts
- Always-on Threat Monitoring
- Real-time Weather Graphics
- Customizable "Safe Zones"
- Easy to use!
What others are saying:
"...the most complete package on the market..." - C. Danison
"...your product blows doors on competing products..." - M. Quinlisk
"...This one is the best." - V. Young
Hurry: Offer Expires Wednesday, December 15th!